WIOA Adult and Dislocated Worker Programs
Explore Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Career Transition Services
Do you lack marketable skills necessary to stay competitive in todays job market? Were you recently separated from employment through no fault of your own? The Workforce Innovations and Opportunity Act (WIOA) might be able to help.
WIOA is designed to support eligible participants with significant barriers to employment with gaining access into high-quality career pathways.
Who May Be Eligible?
- Adults (over age 18) who are in need of assistance with finding and keeping employment
- Dislocated Workers – Workers who have recently been laid off through no fault of their own and who do not have employable skills or current certification
- Displaced Homemakers – Unemployed spouses who are/have been affected by a layoff, divorce, legal separation or death of a spouse
- Member of the Armed Forces that will expect to be discharged with other than a dishonorable discharge that is within 12 months of separating, or within 24 months of retirement, or recently separated veterans who are within 48 months of discharge
- Workers certified under a Petition for Trade Adjustment Assistance under the Trade Act of 1974
Required documentation may include, but may not be limited to:
- Photo Identification Card with a social security card or passport
- And/or Photo Identification Card with a birth certificate
- Selective Service Verification for all males born after January 1, 1960
- DD-214 (Veterans) Veterans receive priority of service in the program
- Naturalization papers, if applicable
- Letter of Lay Off
- Notice of Decision and Monetary Determination letter from UI
- 6-8 weeks of your Job Search Contacts or from Date of Layoff
WIOA Job Search Services
Enhanced services supported by our staff are available to help you identify your strengths and grow your job-search skills, including career and employment guidance, career and personality assessments and certifications and job readiness workshops.
WIOA Training Assistance
Training assistance may be an option available for eligible WIOA customers who are considering short-term training programs in targeted industries. Training assistance is not guaranteed and is subject to labor market data.